Safeguarding is defined as
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances.
At school we have adopted the Local Authority Policies and Procedures which are available on our school website or alternatively hard copies can be obtained via the school office. The designated safeguarding leads (DSL) in school are:
Mrs C Pemberton – Lead DSL
Mr M Scarrott (Assistant Head Teacher)
Miss H Baldwin (Assistant Head Teacher)
Miss C Hook (Pastoral Leader)
Ms P Hunt (Assistant Head Teacher)
We are using an ICT based program called ‘Impero’ which helps us to record and collate all school safeguarding concerns and actions which are taken for example, a child running off from home, alcohol issues, child protection issues, or welfare concerns. Some issues need long term family support often via Early Help process. Some issues need immediate action by a referral to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub.
The designated safeguarding leads have regular training to ensure they are fully updated on all procedures. They also meet with the named Safeguarding Governor each term, with regular reports to the Curriculum Teaching and Learning Committee and Full Governing Body.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please contact a DSL at school.
- Safeguarding Policy February 2019
- Working Together to Safeguard_Children
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- The Prevent Duty
- What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused
- No Platform Policy
- Whole School Digital Safeguarding
- Digital safeguarding for secondary age pupils